Membership of the Irish Nutrient Sustainability Platform offers an opportunity to be part of a diverse range of stakeholders from across the waste value chain, both nationally and internationally.
The Platform will:
- Be stakeholder-led and driven;
- Implement Circular and Bioeconomy endeavours on the island of Ireland, and embed the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals;
- Drive forward the sustainable use and recovery of nutrients, and other co-recoverable value-added materials from waste streams;
- Nurture the development of stakeholder-led research projects;
- Horizon scan for current and future policy, technology and research challenges and opportunities;
- Offer a forum for dialogue on proposals for policies, regulation and actions to support sustainability adoption across the island of Ireland;
- Act as an information exchange hub to facilitate networking, collaboration, technology transfer, knowledge sharing, and dissemination of current best-practice via ‘case-study’ examples, technological innovation and application;
- Lobby and co-ordinate information sharing both nationally and internationally via existing networks with cognate platforms globally and
- Raise awareness in non-allied organisations and to wider society in relation to the critical importance of nutrient resource efficiency and sustainable development.